Demand for IT Security jobs has soared this year, with the number of jobs advertised in the last quarter increasing by over 50% when compared to the same 3 month period in 2010.
This rise in demand is not unexpected due to the ever increasing need for data protection in a business environment that relies so heavily on technology. The daily running of a business requires heavy protection of a huge amount of information and as a result IT security specialists are in high demand – even with the UK in low economic growth.
The need for IT Security is further highlighted by the media offering high profile to corporate data losses, identity theft and cyber-attacks.
Salaries have also seen a reasonable rise with the average salary for a permanent IT Security job rising by 16% per annum. Contract IT security jobs have also seen a rise with the average daily rate increasing to £450 – up 6% on last year.
IT security jobs have also revealed the following in notable salary changes:
- IT security jobs average salary is £55,000 p.a.
- Permanent positions have seen a 16% increase in salaries compared to the same period in 2011
- IT Security jobs in London and the South-east offer the highest salaries
- CISSP is the most “in demand” skill for IT Security jobs with 32% of job adverts including this as a required skill
- 1/30 IT jobs advertised in the last quarter were IT Security jobs
A spokesperson for ITSecurityjobs.co.uk commented: “IT security jobs are now more important than ever, and are only going to continue to rise as demand for new technologies and the methods of protecting it increase. The numbers of IT security jobs is a good sign of this rising trend and the growing salaries are an excellent incentive to encourage IT professionals in to this area of expertise.”by Charlotte Attwood